Thursday, May 2, 2013

Whitaker Peak Road

I've been painting landscapes, generally referencing photos I've taken on my hikes.  This is my attempt to make these paintings more explicitly for sale.  It might be able to keep me in art supplies and hiking gear and (the biggest expense of all) gasoline to get there.  It might even be able to keep me out of the poor house.

So, now, to show the art and tell it's story.


This is from a hike heading up Whitaker Peak in late November of 2012.  I went in the afternoon to give plenty of time to poke around the area but not too much wait at the end to watch the sunset and the full moon rise from the peak.  A storm was expected for the following day, so clouds were moving in.  This moment comes early in the hike.  The road makes its way along the side of a local peak while a trail, once a dirt road servicing a telephone line if the map is accurate, takes a ridge route.  Whitaker Peak itself is to the left and has only a poor use trail up it.



I finished the painting April 9, 2013.  It is acrylic on a square foot of stretched canvas with half inch sides.  The sides are always painted if I'm doing the painting.  It is the forth square foot of Los Padres Forest that I have painted and, as you see, got the banner treatment.

Whitaker Peak Road
acrylic on stretched canvas
12" x 12" x 0.5"
$180

No comments:

Post a Comment